Benefits of membership
- Opportunity to attend our meetings and mix / correspond with people who have similar interests
- Access to our archive of material
- The Bartlett Society Newsletter published six times a year (January, March, May, July, September and November)
- The Bartlett Society Journal distributed to members once per year
- Special Publications may also, at times, be published and included within your membership or available at discounted prices.
Membership Categories - 2013 (From 1st November 2012)
- Non-U.K. Membership costs £20.00.
(£2 extra is added when paying by PayPal to cover the PayPal, Credit Card and Debit Card costs incurred to the Society by paying this way).
Terms and Conditions
Membership commences on January 1st and ends on 31st December each year.
Memberships that are not renewed by April will be considered lapsed, a final renewal reminder will be sent with the March Newsletter and then no further Membership Benefits will be provided until the membership is renewed.
When Membership commences on or after 1st November in any year (after our AGM has been held) the payment will cover the remainder of that year and the whole of the following year.
Membership Cards will be issued and these are used to facilitate entrance to Bartlett Society meetings where cards will be checked against a list of current Members. The Membership Card can also be shown at the Twycross Zoo Library when signing in to access our Archive; any further uses will be pre-advertised in our Newsletter or on our Website.
All memberships cover family members at the same address but only one set of publications will be sent to each address for these family memberships. If more copies of our publications are required please join separately.
Please note that if more than one person is attached to your membership you will need to ensure that you let us know, at the time of joining or renewal, the name of each person so their details can be added to our Members List and they are issued with their own Membership Card.
Each member will need to show their Membership Card and will need to sign against their name on the Members List to gain free or reduced price entrance to meetings, as pre-advertised in our Newsletter and on our Website. Without their Membership Card members will have to pay the full or guest price, again as pre-advertised in our Newsletter or on our Website.
Each Membership Card will come with a plastic pocket in the first year people join. Please keep hold of this wallet to re-use in subsequent years.
If for any reason membership is discontinued, no refunds will be given.
- Subscriptions may be paid by PayPal, Credit Card or Debit Card (please use the appropriate PayPal links below to process these payments), Cheque, Postal Order or Standing Order; or by cash handed to the Membership Secretary or Treasurer at a meeting.
Joining by post
- To join The Bartlett Society by post print out the membership form, complete and return with your payment to the address on the form.
- Cheques and Postal Orders should be made payable to 'The Bartlett Society'. Standing Orders can be set up and used as payment in subsequent years - full details are given in the November Newsletter and on renewal forms.
- Please provide full contact information for one main 'Member' and provide details of any other ' Family Members' included at the same address.
- In order for the Society to act as a 'Contact Centre' a list of current members is circulated annually to other members only (never third parties). Please inform us via the option on the form if you do not want your details to appear on this list.
- Please inform us via the option on the form if you would like to opt out of the Zoo History email mailing list, containing 'Zoo History News' or 'Appeals for Information'.
Joining by PayPal / Credit Card or Debit Card
- Please choose the appropriate membership category below to pay using PayPal, Credit Card or Debit Card.
- Please provide full contact information for one main 'Member' and provide details of any other 'Family Members' included at the same address.
- In order for the Society to act as a 'Contact Centre' a list of current members is circulated annually to other members only (never third parties). Please inform us if you do not want your details to appear on this list.
- Please inform us if you would like to opt out of the Zoo History email mailing list, containing 'Zoo History News' or 'Appeals for Information'.
- Please add the above required details by clicking the "Add special instructions to merchant" button in PayPal. If more space is required for this information please send via the email address provided below.